Sunday, April 20, 2008

"Bocky Happy. Love you, Bocky."


The last time Susie saw Bocky was, in a hospital bed, a day or two before he died. Yesterday she pointed out a picture of him hanging on our wall and said "Bocky sick". I told her "No, Bocky's happy now. He's with Jesus." She smiled and excitedly said "Bocky Happy. Love you, Bocky."
Tears streamed from my eyes. He took such joy in his grandchildren and they did with him. He is missed dearly, but his goodness lives on in Dave. Susie might not remember much about Bocky when she gets older, but she will see glimpses of him through her great daddy.

6 comments:

Roxey said...

Oh April. I am so sorry. All this confirms to me is the wonderful person I've always known you are. God only gives us what we can handle, telling me you are amazing. Much love and prayers for you and Dave.
Love, Rox

Marci + Dan said...

I think that children really do "get it" when it comes to understanding God and love and happiness. What a beautiful and difficult experience. Love you.

Scott and Mal said...

I am sitting at work crying right now because of your sweet little story! Seeing the pictures is so nice! I am so glad that susie got to know him a little so she can have pictures in the future! He is greatly missed by all of us!! You guys are great and I miss you like crazy! Thanks for sharing your experience!!! Love you guys!!!

Sadie Joy & Nicky Boy said...

Dave and April
Life has been a challenge this last year. We are existing with tender hearts. I see that as a blessing though, we love more feircly, appreciate more deeply, and have open eyes. You have a deeper appreciation for the man Dave is because you see his dad in him and you love who his dad is. Im grateful Robert had Susie to love and find joy in and susie for Rob. Susie wont have to go far to understand who her Bocky was, she need just look at her dad. We love you.

leah said...

April you are such a beautiful mother with a wonderful eternal perspective. This post brought tears to my eyes too and I dont even know bocky. I hope you are all doing well. Take care, Leah

Leslie said...

cute photos.