Tuesday, April 29, 2008

First Hair Cut... Home Style

What did you do to me, Mom???
Even though Susie's hair had been dangling in her eyes for months, I kept putting off trying to cut her hair. Not only because I am not at all talented with doing hair (Dave doesn't let me even come close to his hair with anything sharp... after a little accident. He now uses a razor-contraption that attaches to our vacuum (called the Flowbee) to cut his hair... for real!) , but also because I felt like by cutting off part of her hair I would be cutting off a part of her childhood... her very baby hairs. It is just crazy how fast she is growing up; yes, she is still very young, but it amazes me how much she's grown. I cut off her baby hairs... next-thing-I-know, she's moving away for college!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

she's A-dorable.
the first haircut is so hard.
you did great though. it looks GREAT.

Turner said...

I can only imagine how cutting her hair felt for you...I'm hoping it will be okay with Laird. She is so cute!

Roxey said...

no way! a flowbee!? my friend's and I loved that contraption in junior high! Yes, it's been around that long! I didn't actually use it on my hair, but we though the concept was hilarious!!