Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Home

I was able to visit home last month. It's amazing how fast the trip flew by... but, that's what happens when you're having fun with family.

Secret Haven (Fall Open House)
My mom owns the cutest home decorating store called, Secret Haven. She is so talented and creative. Every year she has a fall open house... she has her employee's and customer's dress up as witches... the best, most creative "witches" win fun prizes.
This is my belly-babies costume for the open house.
My witchy mom and I.
Susie with "Bestamore"
My brave brother-in-law Nick (love it!) and sister Sadie.
Cute Malia and Susie... love those cousins!
Malia, Susie, Pearl, and Grace. Cutest witches I've ever seen.

Cousin Time
My sister Sadie, her cute girls, Susie and I were able to have lots of fun together. Here we are with the kids at a fun painting-activity shop. Susie could never get enough of Gracie, Pearl, and Fe Fe!
Halloween Party
My parents threw a fun Halloween Party for the kids. (Fun for the adults too!)
The pants I am wearing in this picture used to be worn by my Grandma Tora decades ago... pretty hilarious.
Sadie, Nick, Fe, and Pearl.
Susie and Gracie girl.
Leslie (she made her costume... love it), and Aaron Jr.
Tin-man brother Steve, and Ike man.
Susie and Malia.
Steve and Christa
Wizard Dad, and my mom's Norwegian cousin's Par Ole and Erna dressed as Pirates... they thought the Halloween stuff was a bit crazy. Halloween isn't celebrated in Europe like it is here in America.
Uncle Ole (batman), and Uncle Kenny (whoopie cushin). I don't need to say a word about these character uncles I have... the picture pretty much sums it up.
Aunt Marty (dressed as a Norwegian Troll)... Dave needs to examine those feet.
Treasure hunt for the kiddos. It was fun to watch them run from clue to clue with their little pumpkin lights. The treasure they found was a fun pumpkin bucket full of halloween toys and goodies.
Grandma Dorothy
Susie and I were able to spend a lovely day with Dave's mom, Dorothy.
Rockin' out with Grandma!
Grandpa and Bestemore
Susie loved the time she got to spend with Grandpa and Bestemore. She loved to go pick and eat raspberries ("bear food") from their yard.
Thank you, my wonderful family for the wonderful time. We miss you every day and send you our love from afar!

3 comments:

Kim said...

April! How I love your beautiful family! Those Halloween costumes rocked - especially your pregnant belly wig! Hope you are feeling well - you are down to the final countdown now! Tell Sadie congrats about another girl - how exciting. Love you :)

Mark and Kandice said...

It was so good to see you while you were in town April! I think that your costume was perfect at the Witch hunt! I couldn't believe that I actually won that night. That was so much fun! p.s come visit our blog sometime www.kandiceandmark.blogspot.com

Leslie said...

holy cow. you packed a lot in this posting. really fun photos. i still need to post the ones of the halloween party... i was just waiting until it was closer to halloween.
we can't wait to come and see you guys. see you in about 40 hours.
love you guys.