Monday, October 6, 2008

One Month Away... "I get it out"

My due date is exactly one month from today... crazy! It could really be any day now. I am getting really excited and really nervous as well. Excited for obvious reasons and nervous because of worries of being a mama to two precious souls at the same time. I hope that I will be able to show both of my amazing children how much I treasure them.
I've been a little worried about how Susie will do with a baby brother... worried that she will get jealous, etc. But, last week she did something that eased my worry a bit.
We had gone to the library and I found some children's books about becoming a big sister (sibling). I read them to Susie and it seemed as though she understood better than before what was happening to my belly and that a baby was going to come out of it. After reading one book, she intently looked at my stomach, and then said "I get it out", while trying to lift up my shirt. I asked, "Get what out, Susie?" She replied, while still trying to expose my belly, "I get the baby out!" I explained to her that the baby needed to grow a little bigger before he could come out of my tummy. She stared at my belly for a moment more, then plopped her little body onto it attempting to give the baby inside a hug, then sweetly kissed my round stomach. It melted my heart to see Susie show such accepting love. I am blessed to be a mother.

5 comments:

Scott and Mal said...

YAY! Only one more month! I can't wait to meet this little guy!! And, Susie is as adorable as ever! She will be a great big sister, and you are a great mom and will be a great mommy to two little babies!!

Leslie said...

i am very excited to come and see you guys. i REALLY hope he comes while i am there.
see you soon.

Alexandra said...

April- hi it's me Alex from Weber I was so glad to find your blog and see your cute family. Congrats on #2, that is so exciting!

Turner said...

Woo Hoo, your almost there. You look awesome!

leah said...

April, you are such a lovely mother I am sure you will be great with 2. I totally understand your fears though, now I am wondering how the first 2 will do with #3.