Sunday, April 5, 2009

My Best Compliment Ever

My friend did a "Best Compliment" contest on her blog... and I'm sure that I would have won if I would have posted this amazing compliment that I received by, none other than, Donny Osmond himself! To set the scene a little:
I was a freshman in High School, in (puppy) love with Donny Osmond (Tom Cruise just didn't do it for me), found out that he was doing a book signing in SLC. My sister, my best friend Sam, and I went to go meet my handsome crush. We waited in line for hours; I had way too many hormones racing through me and was as giddy as they come. When it was my turn to meet Donny face to face, I am embarrassed to say that I was almost hyperventilating with excitement (note how big my young smile is in picture above); knowing how dorky I was I said, "Sorry, Donny, I am such a Dork!" and he replied (or complimented), "You are not a Dork!"
Wooooweeeee!!! He might as well have kissed me right there!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny, I remember you showing me that picture when we were both in high school.

Reminds me of all your other obsessions w/Phantom of the Opera, Le Mis..all when we were only in 6th grade. When all of the other kids didn't hardly know anything about theatre or broadway....I think your taste was just wise beyond your years :)

Michelle M said...

I missed the Donny Osmond craze (maybe because I wasn't Mormon?), but I'm so glad you were waist-deep in it! Donny is mostly right about you not being a dork.

My guilty obsession was Backstreet Boys; I went to 3 concerts, and had their posters plastered around my room. Don't tell anyone!!! Hee hee.

Leslie said...

that is hilarious! i loved that story. i met women in england on my mission who said they got baptized because they were in love with donny osmond back when he was just getting popular. the lucky ones gained a testimony after they were baptized. :) i thought that was pretty funny.

Anonymous said...

Oh April you are too cute and too funny!!! Luv yah

-Kirsten

Turner said...

Dork!!!