Friday, May 15, 2009

April visits in April

The kids and I were able to visit family and friends in Utah last month (Dave stayed home due to school, tests, hours of studying, and other fun stuff--poor guy!). We were there for 2 weeks, but it went by so fast!

Marathon
My super-fit sister (in-law), Christa, ran the SLC marathon the first weekend we were in Utah. Seeing her cross the finish-line was awesome... I even got teary-eyed....
I was just so proud of her!

Christa, my brother Steve, and their adorable Isaac.

My cousin, Kirsten, was also running the SLC marathon-- so, we were able to see her finish as well. She didn't even look winded or anything afterward (when I run just a couple of miles my face turns cherry-red and I sweat like crazy!).


Tulip Festival

All the girls on my side of the family, the cousins, my mom, and Dave's mom Dorothy went to the Beautiful Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point. We only saw a very limited portion of the flowers, due to trying to control our wonderfully rambunctious kids. It was very beautiful and great to be outside!

Oh, the JOY of rolling down a grassy hill! Susie and Grandma Dorothy watching the geese and ducks in the lake.
My sweet sister, Sadie Joy, and her four beautiful little women.

Cousins: Malia, Isaac, Grace, Susie, Lennon (in stroller), Pearl, and Sophie.


Sheila (Shay-la)
One of the highlights of the trip was seeing my brother Aaron's horse, Sheila. She is such a gorgeous horse... thanks again, Leslie, for taking us to see her! The kids had a great time with feeding her carrots and apples.
My brother never knew this, but Sheila most likely was a race horse at one time. She has tatooed numbers in her mouth that were discovered more recently. I know that my brother would have bragged about this if he would have known. Pretty cool.My dad and Lennon (Lennon just loved and bonded with his Grandpa so easily).
Grace, Susie, Pearl, Fe, and Aaron Jr. (in the air of course).
My mom, Aaron Jr., and Leslie.
What are you kicking Gracie???
Sister with Lennon boy.
Susie feeding Sheila some hay.
Sweet Pearl Girl.
I love this picture of Sheila and Les.

Home
My mom, so lovingly, took Lennon when he woke up most mornings... so I could get a couple more hours of sleep. Oh, how I miss that!
Pearl, Grace, Susie, Fe Fe showing pride for their ice-cream cones! Isaac was so sweet with Lennon. Malia, Lennon, Isaac.
Ava Starr-- so angelic, so cuddily.
Grandma Dorothy and Lennon.
We had a nice picnic at a nearby park. It was a beautiful day and we had a great time.
Susie HAD to have a bath in my parents sink everyday... she just loved it!

We went to Temple Square-- I had forgotten how beautiful it is there in the Spring!
(The reason why all these beautiful cousins are smiling so well is because, my mom was trying to tap-dance to make them smile for the picture... too funny)
Pearl by the reflection pool.
Grace and Susie.
Susie, Sadie, my Dad, Pearl, Fe, Grace, and my Mom.
My parents and I.


It was a wonderful trip for me and the kids. Always great to see the fam. Thanks for a wonderful time... we miss you already.

4 comments:

Michelle M said...

I loved seeing Lennon wearing Susie's sunhat! What would Dave say?! Ha ha.

Isn't Susie too big to bathe in the sink? Too funny that she did this.

All of your sister's girls resemble your mom.

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures.... Your so sweet April for posting a picture of me. Love you

Leslie said...

april, your photos were beautiful.
seriously, it was so much fun having you here to visit.
i agree, it was a blast getting together with you and sue to play games in the evenings. i am ALWAYS up for a game. :)
i need to get some of those photos of our visit to see sheila. i always have the camera in my own hand, so it is not too often that i get to have candids of me taken. i liked seeing that. i hate having to be posed all the time. :)
i am making a CD with photos for all of you guys from the last year and half. you will have all of the ones i have taken of you guys on there.
well, we can't wait to see you in july. it is july, right?
love you guys.

p.s. by the way, the word verification for this comment is:
'undance'. i thought that was funny after seeing your posting about your dancing. :) you are a beautiful dancer. i am so glad we got to see you dance again.

Jessica... a.k.a... Frank. said...

I have to tell you this- your blog made my night. I am glad that you took pictures, I don't see pictures of my nieces very often unless I am the one taking them! So thank you-- it's weird that I haven't seen Ava yet since I live in Spain... She's gotten big since.. well.. the day she was born. haha. I laughed at all these sweet pictures of my 4 little nieces.. Looks like you had a wonderful time in Utah. I can't wait to be back there myself. I'll be back to Utah on June 6th.