Thursday, June 10, 2010

Lunch with Good Ol' Friends and Silent Spring

While in Utah, I met up with two of my good friends for lunch.... Jami and Trish (with cutie-pie son Laird, and baby girl baking in the oven). I danced with these two girls in High school and college. I have so many fun memories with these two... memories that are fond and memories that would make me pee-my-pants laughing. Always so good to see them... Thanks for the lunch ladies!!!

Jami, Trish, Laird, me, and Susie:
Also.... Jami is now the Artistic Director for the Dance Department at my High School and had asked me to choreograph a piece for this years concert. The concert theme was THINK GREEN. My piece was inspired by the book Silent Spring by ecologist Rachel Carson... which, simply put, was written to warn the public of the long-term affects of misusing pesticides. I enjoyed every moment of the creative process and with working with the dancers and Jami! The concert was wonderful (even without my piece... wink, wink)! I'm so proud of you James!!! Thanks so much for the opportunity! I LOVED it!

5 comments:

Gary and Kirsten said...

Its is always fun to meet up with old friends, although yours aren't that old yet. Did you get some video of the piece you choreographed?

Jeff and aimie said...

So fun to see old friends. I love Love Love your sweatshirt. Super cute!!

DevJam said...

apes, you were so wonderful to come choreograph during your vacation. i'm so sorry we didn't get to see you while in chicago but know i love you dearly. also, thanks for lunch, i love to get together with you.

Michelle M said...

I would have loved to see your choreographed piece as well!

Devlin Family said...

April! It is so fun to see you guys :) I hope you don't mind, I found your blog through Alexandra's... super cute pictures :)