Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Running for Ashton

There is a sweet, angel of a girl in our ward named Ashton. She is about Susie's age, 3 1/2. Ashton has cancer. She has lost her hair from chemo, but is still all smiles. It breaks my heart that she and her sweet parents have such an enormous trial to face. I can't help but think of my own 3 year old, my Susie, when I think about Ashton... and I crumble. My prayers are with her and her family. I am honored to be part of a fundraiser event for Ashton. Check-out the details of how you can get involved (and vote for me!!!) at runningforashton.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Gary and Kirsten said...

I love that picture of Ashton. I wish I could be there, so run for me too!

leah said...

Poor thing. My heart wants to break when I think of kids having such awful sicknesses. Hope the run goes well.